Basic Requirements
for UK Student visa (long-term study)

  • arrow_forward You have an unconditional offer of a place on a course
  • arrow_forward You have enough money to live in UK and pay for your course
  • arrow_forward You can speak, read, write and understand English
  • arrow_forward You have a consent from your parents (if you’re under 18)

Make an enquiry

UK Student visa

Do you dream of studying in one of the world’s most respected and impressive educations hubs? Think you’ve got what it takes to be taught by the leading masterminds in their field? You’re only a few steps away from securing your UK student visa!

UK Student visa types

Below you’ll discover the various UK student visas available:

  • Child Student visa (ex. Tier 4 Child) - for children under 18 years old - long-term study at school or college.
  • Student visa (ex. Tier 4 General) - for adults requiring long-term study at college or university (undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate studies).

You can apply for a Student visa 6 months before you start your course and you'll usually get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.

Contact us if you have any questions about UK Student visa

You can also call us: +44 (203) 358-01-00

Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)

You must have an unconditional offer of a place on a study course. To prove this, your education institution will send you a document called a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) once they’ve offered you a place on the course. It contains all necessary information such as: study fees, name of the course, degree level etc. You can't start your visa application without CAS.

Money for maintenance and study

You need enough money to pay for your course for 1 academic year (up to 9 months). The amount you need to pay will be on your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS).

How much money you need for maintenance depends on where you will be studying. You’ll need either:

  • £1,334 per month (for up to 9 months) for staying in London
  • £1,023 per month (for up to 9 months) for staying outside London
  • boarding fees for the first academic year, if you’re boarding at a residential independent school

In some cases you do not need to prove you have enough money for maintenance, but you might be asked to provide this evidence before you get a decision on your application anyway.

Knowledge of English

You don't need to confirm your knowledge of the English language when you apply for Child Student visa.

When you apply for UK Student visa you must prove you can read, write, speak and understand English. This usually means passing a Secure English Language Test (SELT) from an approved provider. You must have an equivalent to CEFR level B1 if you're studying below degree level and CEFR level B2 for studying degree level or above. Your Higher Educational Institution can assess your level of English themselves, so they may ask you to do a different test.

You do not need to prove your knowledge of English if you’ve completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in some countries, or proved your level of English in a previous visa application

Documents you must provide for UK Student visa in 2021

  • Passport (current and previous)
  • Bank statements confirming you have enough money for studies and maintenance
  • Sponsorship undertaking, if someone is acting as a sponsor for your educational trip
  • Official invitation from the education provider (Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies - CAS)
  • Knowledge of English confirmation, if necessary
  • Tuberculosis test results if you are from a country where you’re required to take the test, and if you are visiting the UK for more than 6 months
  • You’ll have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application
  • A certified translation of any documents that are not in English.
  • A parental consent if you’re under 18

How much does it cost?

Visa type Duration The Embassy fee Our services fee
Student visa up to 5 years $495 $345

Contact us if you have any questions about UK Student visa

You can also call us: +44 (203) 358-01-00

Once the application is approved, the applicant will be provided with a vignette to enter the UK. At the same time, a Student visa or Student Child visa will be produced in the form of a plastic card BRP (Biometric Residence Permit) within the UK. The applicant should enter the UK and collect the BRP. We will provide the exact address of your collection point.