Frequently asked questions

Frequently asked questions

1. About our work

Question: Does your agency work for the UK Embassy or UK Visa Application Centre?

Answer: No, our commercial agency specialises in paid UK visa consulting services. The Entry Clearance Officer will make the decision on your application. It is impossible to guarantee their decision would be positive. We can ensure your pack of documents will be ideal, your application forms will be correct, and the Clearance Officer will not have any questions about the case. If you do not wish to pay for our services, you can apply to get a british visa without our help.

Question: Why don’t you have fixed prices for visas after refusals?

Answer: Because the price always depends on the complexity of the case. Sometimes it takes us more time to resolve the situation, so in such cases, our services are a bit more expensive. Either way, you need to contact our specialists, so they can study your situation and provide you with an exact price.

Question: Can I use your services without visiting your office?

Answer: Sure! We can prepare your case remotely.

2. Passport

Question: Is there any special kind of passport I should use to get a UK visa?

Answer: No, you can use any valid passport to get a UK visa.

Question: My passport expires in less than 6 months. Should I get a new passport first?

Answer: Yes, if you apply for a short-term visa, valid for up to 6 months, you should get a new passport first.

Question: My passport expires soon, but I have a valid UK visa in it. Should I get a new passport and transfer my valid UK visa into a new passport?

Answer: You may transfer your visa to your new passport, but you have right to use both of your passports at the same time: the old passport with a valid visa and a new one without a visa. You can show both passports at Customs when crossing in through the UK border.

Question: How many empty pages should I have in my passport in order the UK Embassy could provide me with visa?

Answer: You should have 3 empty pages following one another.

3. Visa processing

Question: What are the timescales of visa processing? When should I start my application?

Answer: It is better to start the application process 5-7 weeks before the departure date. It will take you some time to collect the documents and prepare translations if they are not in English. Usually, it takes the UK Embassy 15 working days to proceed with the application, but in summer it may take them a bit more. You can start the process 6 months before the departure date - if you like.

Question: When should I come to the UK Visa Application Centre, so they can take my fingerprints?

Answer: You can choose a date and time that is most suitable for you. We will fix the date and time of your appointment and provide you with an individual appointment confirmation.

Question: I cannot wait 15 working days. Can I use fast track service with the UK Embassy?

Answer: Yes, you can pay Priority visa services fee if you apply for a short-term visitor visa (including tourism, business, and study), Student visa (ex. Tier4), and Tier5. It will take the UK Embassy about 5 working days to reach their decision. Fast track service is also available for Settlement Visas applications. It takes the UK Embassy about 1 month to reach their decision.

Question: I have collected the needed documents, and I don’t need any consultations on them. Can you fill in the application form for me?

Answer: Yes, we can provide you with such a service.

Question: I plan to go to the UK with a baby of 1 year old. Should I apply for a separate visa for him?

Answer: Yes, you must apply for visa for your child. A child must have his/her own passport and his/her own visa in it.

Question: I have already been to the UK, and my fingerprints were taken at that time. Should I come to the UK Visa Application Centre once again in person?

Answer: Yes, the UK Visa Application Centre takes fingerprints each time you apply for a UK visa.

Question: I want to come to the UK for studies. What type of visa should I choose?

Answer: If you plan to go for a short course, you choose Short Term Student visa. If you are going for an academic year and plan to study in the UK at a university, you must select Student visa or Child Student visas. A tourist visa allows studying an English language course for no more than 1 month per year and no more than 15 hours per week. You will have to prove that studying is not the primary purpose of your visit.

Question: Will I be invited to the UK Embassy for interview?

Answer: You can be invited for the interview if you apply for Student visa. We will prepare you for the interview, as we know the questions. We will discuss answers with you.

Question: I have submitted the documents but then I realised I have forgotten to provide one reference. Can I send it to the UK Embassy somehow?

Answer: No, it’s impossible. The UK Embassy will reach a decision using the documents you submitted with your application. The UK Embassy may contact you and ask you to provide them with some references.

Question: I have a Sсhengen visa in my passport. Can I visit the UK using it?

Answer: The UK is not part of the Schengen area. You cannot use a Schengen visa to visit the UK. You must apply for a UK visa.

Question: How much time can I travel in the UK if I have a tourist visa?

Answer: A tourist visa is valid for 180 days. It does not allow you to live in the UK for long periods. You can make short visits to the UK while your visa is valid.

Question: Can I apply for long-term visitor visas? (2, 5, 10 years)

Answer: If you apply for a UK visa for the first time, you should start with a 6-month visitor visa. After that you will be able to apply for a 2-year visitor visa, then, 5-years and then 10-years visitor visa.

Question: Should I translate my documents into English?

Answer: Yes, the documents which are not in English should be accompanied by a certified translation into English. Each translation should contain information about the qualification of a translator, their details and signature.

4. Visa Application form

Question: What does “other names” mean?

Answer: Other name includes a married name, maiden name, name at birth, professional name.

Question: What is the difference between “civil partnership” and “unmarried partnership”?

Answer: “Civil partnership” is a legally recognised union of a same-sex couple, with similar rights to those of a married couple. “Unmarried partners” is a heterosexual or homosexual couple living together in a relationship akin to marriage.

Question: What is the difference between “Divorced/Dissolved Partnership” and “Separated”?

Answer: “Divorced/dissolved partnership” is confirmed by an official divorce certificate. “Separated” means the couple do not live together, but do not have any official document confirming this.

Question: The financial questions demand indicating amounts of money earned and spent. What currency should I use?

Answer: Use Great Britain Pounds (£)

Question: After filling in the application form and paying the visa fee, I realised I had made some mistakes in the form. Is it possible to correct the application form after the visa fee is paid? What should I do to correct the form?

Answer: If the mistakes are insignificant, you can write a Cover Letter where you describe what mistakes you want to correct. If the mistakes are significant, it is better to cancel your application, receive a refund and apply again.

Question: I have made an appointment but then my circumstances changed, and I cannot attend in person on the chosen date. What can I do to change the date of my appointment at UK Visa Application Centre?

Answer: You should enter your application and Update your appointment. Don’t forget to print out a new appointment confirmation.

Question: I did not get to the UK Visa Application Centre on time. What can I do?

Answer: You can pay an additional fee for Walk-in Without Appointment service and supply the day and time you like.

5. Getting visa after refusal

Question: My application was refused over 10 years because of “not genuine documents”. Is it possible to get visa after refusal?

Answer: No, it is impossible. Applying with not genuine documents is a serious offence. You will have to wait for 10 years before applying for a UK visa once again.

Question: The ECO has called my employer’s general phone number, and the new secretary couldn’t remember if I worked with them as our company is very big and the secretary cannot remember everyone. I was refused my visa. Can you help me to get visa after refusal?

Answer: Yes, we can help you. Please, contact our specialists and provide them with your refusal letter. You should remember the following when applying for a UK visa:

  • Provide the Embassy with the phone numbers of your department and your director.
  • Tell the secretary you have applied for a UK visa, and the ECO may call to ask some questions about your work.

Question: Can I get a refund the visa fee after refusal?

Answer: No, the visa fee isn’t the payment for your visa, it is a service fee for considering your documents.

6. Receiving the Documents

Question: I was informed by email that my documents were to be issued by the UK Embassy. When will I receive these documents?

Answer: You can receive your documents at the UK Visa Application Centre during working hours (please, check the working hours of your UK Visa Application Centre before going to collect the documents).

Question: Can anybody else receive my documents instead of me?

Answer: Yes, you can nominate a representative and provide them with your checklist and a special representative form signed by you.

Question: My documents are still under consideration at the UK Embassy. However, I have a business trip to another country. Can I receive my passport from the Embassy right now?

Answer: You should come to the UK Visa Application Centre and fill in a special form. They will pass it to the Embassy, and the Embassy will return the passport in a couple of working days. The UK Embassy will stop considering your documents, the visa fee will not be refunded, and you will have to apply with new documents and pay the visa fee once again next time.

Question: The spelling of my name differs from the name in my passport. The Embassy has used other letters to indicate the same pronunciation. Is it a mistake?

Answer: No, it’s not a mistake. Sometimes the UK Embassy uses other letters to indicate the same pronunciation. If your name in the visa is entirely different in spelling, you should contact the Embassy to correct the name in your visa.

Get your UK visa now!