It takes the UK Embassy up to 15 working days (3 weeks) to reach their decision on a visa application and sometimes in high season it can take longer. If you would like your visa application considered faster, you should pay a special fee to the Embassy (Priority Visa Service). This will put your application at the front of the queue at every stage of the decision-making process. The result can be expected in 5 working days.
You can use this service if you apply under the following categories:
- Visitor Visas up to 6 months (tourism, business, sport, medical treatment, short-term student)
- Transit Visa
- Tier 4 General Visa, Tier 4 Child Visa
- Tier 5 Visa
- Settlement-Wife Visa and Settlement-Marriage Visa
- Using the Priority Visa Service does not guarantee that your application will be successful. All visa applicants must meet the requirements of UK Immigration Rules.
- You cannot pay for a Priority Visa Service after you submit the documents at the Visa Application Centre.
- If you have ever been refused, deported or had any criminal conviction in any country, your application would not be straightforward. It may cause a delay even if you pay for the Priority Visa Service.