EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit interview
You may have a marriage interview as a part of your EEA Family Permit application process. The ECO may contact you or your EEA sponsor by email or phone if there are minor aspects of your application requiring clarification.
The ECO can invite an applicant in for interview as long as any delay or deferral can be justified. The ECO should consider inviting an applicant for interview in the following circumstances:
- Strong grounds to doubt applicant is related as claimed to EEA national
- Strong grounds to doubt that applicant is genuinely dependent on the EEA national (except spouses and descendants under 21)
- Strong grounds to doubt that EEA national is in, or will be going to, the UK
- Strong grounds to doubt that the EEA national is, or will be, a qualified person
- Strong grounds to suspect the EEA national intends to ‘drop off’ the applicant and return to the country of origin
- Strong grounds to suspect a marriage of convenience
- Strong doubts about identity of applicant
- Strong grounds to consider refusing on the basis of Public Policy, Public Health or Public Security.
Failure to attend the interview may result in your application being automatically refused. In the event you cannot attend, contact the Visa Office to reschedule. You should always answer all questions fully and honestly. You should think in advance about your relationship with EEA partner, the documents you provided in your visa application, and your intention to live with your EEA partner permanently. Ask for clarification if you do not understand a question to make sure you are providing the information they want.