Documents for EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit

Documents for EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit

Documents you must provide for EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit: (ex. EEA Family Permit)

  • a valid passport
  • evidence of your relationship to your EEA family member, for example a marriage certificate, civil partnership certificate, birth certificate or proof that you’ve lived together for 2 years if unmarried
  • your family member’s valid passport or national identity card (or a certified copy if you cannot provide the original)
  • proof of your dependency if you’re dependent on your EEA family member

If your EEA family member has been in the UK for more than 3 months, you must show that they have a permanent residence document or are one of the following:

  • working, for example an employment contract, wage slips or a letter from an employer
  • self-employed (for example contracts, invoices or audited accounts with bank statements) and paying tax and National Insurance
  • studying, for example a letter from the school, college or university
  • financially independent, for example bank statements
  • Your family member must have full health insurance (comprehensive sickness insurance) if they’re studying or financially independent.

You’ll need to provide a certified translation of any documents that are not in English or Welsh.

Any documents list for the EEA Family Permit application, or any immigration procedure for that matter, can never be said to be complete. The documents list for EEA Family Permit supporting documents must always have room for additional documents considering potential complications in the case. The above list can be looked upon as a guide of the categories of EEA Family Permit supporting documents. But in order to pick what documents would be best suited for which evidence, we would have to know more about your background and situation.

Get your UK visa now!