UK Student visa requirements for Norwegian students
UK Student visa requirements for Norwegian students
If you're from Norway, you'll need the Student visa to study in the United Kingdom. Do you dream of studying in one of the world’s most respected and impressive educations hubs? Since 2006, we’ve been successfully securing UK visas for Norwegian students, just like you! You’re only a few steps away from your student visa!
Below you’ll discover the various UK student visas available for Norwegian:
- Child Student visa (ex. Tier 4 Child) - for children under 18 years old - long-term study at school or college.
- Student visa (ex. Tier 4 General) - for adults requiring long-term study at college or university (undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate studies).
You can apply for a Student visa 6 months before you start your course and you'll usually get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.
Contact us if you have any questions about UK Student visa
Our Support service works only with email enquiries. We find it more effectively as one can attach screenshots, documents etc, mention exact dates, time and other figures and we will deal with the request faster and help you ASAP.
When you have met all the conditions of entry for a full-time course, your education institution will send you a document called a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS). It contains all necessary information such as: study fees, name of the course, degree level etc. You can't apply for Student visa without CAS.
You (or your parents) need enough money to pay for your course for 1 academic year (up to 9 months). The amount you need to pay will be on your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS).
How much money you need for maintenance depends on where you will be studying. You’ll need either:
- £1,334 per month (for up to 9 months) for staying in London
- £1,023 per month (for up to 9 months) for staying outside London
- boarding fees for the first academic year, if you’re boarding at a residential independent school
In some cases you do not need to prove you have enough money for maintenance, but you might be asked to provide this evidence before you get a decision on your application anyway.
You don't need to confirm your knowledge of the English language when you apply for Child Student visa.
When you apply for UK Student visa you must prove you can read, write, speak and understand English. This usually means passing a Secure English Language Test (SELT) from an approved provider. You must have an equivalent to CEFR level B1 if you're studying below degree level and CEFR level B2 for studying degree level or above. Your Higher Educational Institution can assess your level of English themselves, so they may ask you to do a different test.
You do not need to prove your knowledge of English if you’ve completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in some countries, or proved your level of English in a previous visa application
- Passport (current and previous)
- Bank statements confirming you have enough money for studies and maintenance
- Sponsorship undertaking, if someone is acting as a sponsor for your educational course
- Official invitation from the education provider (Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies - CAS)
- Knowledge of English confirmation, if necessary
- Tuberculosis test results if you are from a country where you’re required to take the test, and if you are visiting the UK for more than 6 months
- You’ll have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application
- A certified translation of any documents that are not in English.
- A parental consent if you’re under 18
Free Risk Assessment
Discover your chances of being accepted for a UK visa for free!
|We give you the list of all documents and samples needed. This way you know just what to expect.
We’ll then check to guarantee if the documents meet the official requirements or not.
|Forget filling in confusing application forms. We’ll do it all for you!
We’ll then book your appointment with the UK Visa Application Center for you, saving you time to do what you love.
|We organize and upload all your supporting documents directly to the UK Embassy. So, you need only passport on appointment.|
|You don’t have to worry about the administrative duties.
Just head to the UK Visa Application Centre, make photo for visa and submit your fingerprints. And, you’re ready to go!
Once the application is approved, the applicant will be provided with a vignette to enter the UK. At the same time, a Student visa or Student Child visa will be produced in the form of a plastic card BRP (Biometric Residence Permit) within the UK. The applicant should enter the UK and collect the BRP. We will provide the exact address of your collection point.
Our commercial agency specialises in paid UK visa consulting services.
You shouldn't call us if you:
- would like to know opening hours or address of TLSContact or VFSGlobal application centre in your home country, make online enquiry instead.
- want to track your UK visa application or passport status
- need help after you have submitted your application/documents
- want to renew your passport